At long last, the never-ending pillow cover project has been completed. I started it in January. All linen, four colors – green and blue in the warp, brown and natural in the weft. Surprisingly, it didn’t take much for me to take the scissors to the cloth once I finally decided how I was going to sew it. Buying the pillow forms finally got me going on it. Sewing the seams on the machine wasn’t bad, either – as long as I followed my mother’s voice (pin, baste, sew) it worked like a charm and the whole thing was done in no time at all. One wonders what all the fuss was about in the first place!
That said, here is the other pillow I created from the square I made in the February Weave-In. Using three different warp materials in a stripe format was as interesting approach that I would not try again. I felt it looked a lot better on a horizontal construction versus vertical. Many thanks to my cousin Marcella who suggested the trim and how I could accomplish that. And the backing is a store-bought cotton-linen blend that I got for a steal. It will do for a lot of other projects in the long term!
Here is the back of the pillow:
The loom looked so sad undressed that I had to create another warp. So here is a superlambswool point twill that is much finer thread than I have worked with in the past. No pain, no gain. After all the aggravation I went through on the linen, I went to the extreme in the lashing and tie-ups for this project. So far it is paying off. I have been especially encouraged by seeing all the great work that is being accomplished by other weavers in the WordPress community. Lots of fun stuff, to be sure.