Ready to go! Here is the completed blanket, with a knitted carry-all that I made from the weaving thrums and extra yarn. Still have some yarn left over, but the fringe effect sure helped use up a bunch of it. Today I will be dropping this off at the designated Ground Cover collection area. What a lot of work! But I learned a lot about the 2-2 twill structure in a “bound” treadling. It makes a dense fabric that is a great thickness for a warm blanket. Knowing what I know now, I would have constructed it differently so that the joins would not have turned out so rustic. But, that adds to the charm. I may have to make a similar one for myself! I am just so glad that a homeless person will get good use out of it.
Thanks, Ann Morton, for organizing this project!